Thursday 29 October 2009

First entry! Journal of 2009-2010 English project


Hello!

Thanks for visiting the Lola Anglada English blog. My name is Sara. I am from the USA, from a city called Milwaukee. It´s close to Chicago, where my President Barack Obama used to live. I live in Barcelona now, and am very happy to be working at Lola Anglada. After just a few weeks, I feel really at home here!


Every week, I will write an update about what the students and I have done. I work on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so there are a lot of things to do on these two days!


I am also working on a webpage that will display the activities we are working on in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grades. Please check back in late November for the launch of this exciting site!

October 28
Today was a bit special because the fifth and sixth graders had an excursion. We went to Barcelona on two big buses. First, we saw a musical event. There were five musicians -- two played trumpet, one played the trombone, one played the french horn, and one played the tuba.

At one point during the concert, they asked for volunteers. Even though I did not raise my hand, they took me on stage! I had to pretend to drive the trombone around. It was funny, but embarrassing! The kids liked it, and it made me a lot of new friends.

After the concert, we went to Park Guell for lunch. We also admired Gaudi´s designs. This was my favorite part of the day because I got to play and talk with the students a lot. I was really impressed with how well they spoke and understood English.

October 29
On Thursdays, I usually meet with 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, and 5b. Today, both third grade classes had an English exam! Well, it´s too bad I didn´t get to meet with the third graders because I like those kids a whole lot!

With the 5th graders, we worked on description. I have made an activity with The Simpsons and the kids like to talk about Homer´s fat stomach and Bart´s spiky hair. A few students told me about the chestnuts that will be roasted tomorrow! I wish I could be here for it!

The 4th graders are learning how to say that they like and don´t like. They are getting really good at it! I´ve found that most of them like chocolate but don´t like tomatoes! Are you surprised? I´m not!





No comments:

Post a Comment